BEAST FROM THE EAST
YOUTH BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
March 14th and 15th, 2015
This is our third annual basketball tournament that will be held at Seneca East Middle/High School. We are looking for any boys' teams in grades 5-8 to join. We will be running three courts over the two-day period. Brackets and game times will be announced closer to the start of the tournament or once we have all age-groups filled. Cost to get into the tournament will be $150 and that will guarantee your team three games. Trophies will be awarded to the top team in each age group.
If you have further questions please contact:
1. Length of Games
- All games in the 3rd – 4th – 5th – 6th grade games will be played in two 12 minute halves.
- All games in the 7th and 8th grade games will be played in two 14 minute halves.
2. Overtime Period
- Overtime will be a sudden death~ First team to score wins the game.
- No extra time outs will be given for overtime.
- The clock will stop on every whistle and stay stopped until ball is back in play.
- If a team is behind by 15 points or more, the clock will continue to run, except on shooting fouls and time outs. If the team behind cuts the lead to under 15 points, the clock will go back to being stopped on every whistle.
4. Game Balls
- All games will use the women's size basketball, 28.5.
- Teams are asked to bring their own basketballs for warm-up.
5. Grace Period
- Game time is game time. You will be given a 5 minute grace period. If your team is not ready to play by that time, the game will be forfeited by a score of 15 – 0.
- A team may start and finish a game with less than 5 players.
- If a site is running ahead of schedule, both coaches can agree to start the game early.
- Each team needs to provide a scorekeeper to sit at the score table. The first team listed is the home team and is the official book. The visiting team scorekeeper is encouraged to sit at the table.
7. Time Outs
A. Each team will receive four 30 second time outs. No time outs will be added for over time games.
8. Teams with the same records
- Seeding teams with the same record will first go by total points scored and if there still is a time it will be by coin flip.
9. Reporting Scores
A. Both coaches need to make sure the final score is on the official score sheet and that the winning team is listed correctly.
- It is the responsibility of each coach to check the boards at the main site to make sure the scores were called in correctly. Mistakes can be made when scores are called in.
- If you find an error, contact Site Director immediately.
- 10. Site Director has the right to change or amend any rule at any time!
BEAST FROM THE EAST